IAPETUS2 are delighted to announce we will be running NERC’s Research Experience Placement (REP) scheme this summer, giving undergraduate students studying quantitative disciplines outside of NERC’s remit the opportunity to work within one of our universities on an 8-10 week placement on an environmental sciences project.
• Please note all projects listed to the right will be for 6-8 weeks in length and will take place over the summer of 2020. The agreed length and dates will be determined between IAPETUS2 and the applicant following offer.
• Projects can be completed remotely if necessary to comply with COVID-19 restrictions.
• If you are eligible to apply for a Research Experience Placement with IAPETUS2, please select a project from those listed to the right.
• Submit a completed application form and your CV to email@example.com by no later than Wednesday 13th May 2020.
Eligibility of students
Students must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for a REP. The students must:
• Be studying for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline outside of NERC’s scientific remit (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering, physics).
• Be applying for a placement in a different department from their undergraduate degree.
• Be undertaking their first undergraduate degree studies (or integrated Masters).
• Be expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree.
• Be eligible for subsequent NERC PhD funding (i.e. UK, EU or right to remain in the UK).
The student and the project supervisor will be required to complete a brief report on the outcome of the placement. The REP Final Report Form will be sent to the supervisor and student during the second half of the project.
Any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note that by submitting your Research Experience Placement application to email@example.com, you are giving consent for your application to be circulated to the Academic Directors of IAPETUS2 at each of the partner organisations for the purpose of shortlisting.***